Lately I've been so overwhelmed with how kind people can be. Just have to share a kind deed that happened last week:
Doug went to the bakery to get us some bread, not realizing they only take check or cash. He had neither. The lady behind him said, "Let me pay for you." Of course he said "No, it's okay, I'll just run to an ATM," but she persisted! And all week, the bread we've been enjoying has reminded me of her generosity.
Doug went to NYC for the Morton Gould Competition awards ceremony. Let's just say I'm so glad I'm not a single mother. I HATE killing spiders!!! I can tuck the kids in and take care of the house, but SPIDERS--UGGGH. We're glad he'll be back today!
Friday, May 23, 2008
So many good people
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love nice people. It can make a huge difference in your day. On the other hand onery people are terrible.
We went to a little restaurant for breakfast on Monday. It's pretty small, but being a holiday, it was packed.
We waited in line for at least 20 minutes to order. Of course, after I ordered and got our drinks Sammy tells me that he wants chocolate milk like Kimball instead of regular milk. He doesn't even like chocolate milke, but he persisted. So I went up to the front to exchange it, and the girl gave me the worst looks. You could tell she was really put out. I tried to be as nice as I could about it. I realized she was very busy and had probably been there since early in the morning, but come on. You're working with costumers, you should try to be nice.
Sorry, long comment. I'm glad you're having good experiences out there.
Post a Comment