Monday, April 21, 2008

Warning: may be TMI

So...since we're Pews, we often find ourselves talking about poo. Stop reading now if poo is a sensitive subject for you. :)

I got sick over the weekend with "stomach flu" again--which for me means bloating, horrible stomach cramping and diarrhea. It could possibly be due to the cookie dough I ate, or maybe I'm partially lactose intolerant. Regardless, I've had a lot of sugar lately, and my body just can't handle sweets in large quantities (although my mind thinks sure thinks it can). So, thanks to a little nudge of inspiration from salt and chocolate, Doug and I have decided to eat fruit for dessert on the weekdays and a little something else on Sunday. (Probably homemade ice cream?) Hopefully this will help my stomach out.

And this morning, while I was in agony on the toilet, Aubrey took off her diaper. I forgot and a few minutes later heard, "Mommy? Poo poo!" Yes, there was a log of poo on the carpet. I tried to coax her into sitting on the toilet, but she refused, wanting her "Biaper." (Diaper) Then I discovered she'd touched the poo and got it in her hair and on her shirt. Can I hire a potty trainer anywhere?

4 comments:

Keri said...

I grew up as a Farnsworth, so I can handle poo talk. :) I did moan audibly for you when I read the mess Aubrey made with it. That fruit for dessert idea is great. I just posted a similar thought on my Losing Keri blog last night. I should definitely try it. Hope you get to feeling better!!!

Holly said...

I SO agree, Brooklyn isn't having the greatest luck either with it, so if you do find someone who is willing to be hired let me know!! lol. I have to remind myself multiple times a day that someday, I am going to want this time in my life back! haha. :) Good Luck!!

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh! I would love to hire out potty training! No matter how easy or hard a kid is to train it is still a horrible process! I hope you feel better soon!

Jen said...

Oh boy! I am so sorry. THere is nothing quite like potty training! Hang in there!