I failed to mention that last week, Aubrey went to the dentist for the first time. With heavy encouragement about the dentist saying, "Open your mouth. Ahhh!", lots of practice doing so, and talk about a new toothbrush, Aubrey was prepared. Even after the hour wait to get in, she did just that--opened her mouth, and let them brush and put varnish on her teeth. On the way home she kept saying, "Dentist gave me toothbrush, mommy."
I'm so glad she had a nice experience. My grandpa was a dentist, so I've always had good memories myself--especially of the tooth pencils the secretary would give me in his dental office when we came to visit in Washington. He passed away in 95, I believe. Thank goodness for memories.


2 comments:
It's always a little sad to me that my kids can't go to Grandpa for their dental work. He sure was great. I remember the boys going crazy with the helium tank in the back office. :) Don't you think it was strange that he had so much chocolate stashed away in his house when he was so aware of cavities? It makes me feel better about my chocolate addiction!
Janae, will you email me your email address? I am changing my blog to a private showing.
karentingey@gmail.com
Post a Comment