Thursday, February 21, 2008

Book Club

February's book

I've "joined" a book club and I love it! I haven't been reading books since I've had children really, so it's a wonderful hobby to have rediscovered. My Sister's Keeper is what I'm working on now. It is very controversial, and makes me realize how amazing my family is.

January's book

Wow. Life of Pi was incredible. I'm not one for blood and guts, but reading how a boy named Pi stays alive on a boat in the ocean--with only a tiger for company--is intriguing. The beginning was a bit slow, and the ending wasn't my favorite, but the middle made up for it. Yann Martell is a very descriptive writer.

Are those Twilight books really THAT good? I'm not sure I want to take the plunge into vampire-world.

8 comments:

Walling Family said...

okay so I thought the same thing about the twillight series, but I read them and I am hooked, the 4th book is out in August. You should try it, it did take me sometime to get into the story line but once I did I had a hard time putting it down.

Holly said...

You should def. try Twilight... I know it sounds crazy, I don't even like Harry Potter, but I LOVED these!!! :)

Karen said...

I am not a huge reader...but I loved the twilight and all that goes with it!

Criscell said...

The Life of Pi was SO good, huh! I loved it (except for the beginning and end like you said). I thought the same thing you did about the Twilight books, but they are hard to put down once you start. They are not my most favorite books in the world, but very good all the same.

The barrettes I made were so easy! I just glued fake flowers onto hair clips that I bought in a hair salon! Simple!

Lisa said...

Hi Janae! I may sound cynical, but I didn't really like the Twilight books. I know, I read all three, but I hate to not finish something. I tend to enjoy the thought provoking, intriguing books, and this series was kind of all fluff. They are entertaining, however. Take care!

Jen said...

The Twilight books really are THAT good. I love to read and I just loved how fast I could read them and how entertaining they were. I was sceptical (sp?) too, but my sisters both read them and my mom and I figured if they loved them, there had to be something to them. I read them all right in a row and I can't wait for the 4th book to come out.

BionicKatie said...

Hey Janae- it fun to hear about you joining a book club and enjoying it. I will have to read those books that you have on your site. Also the Twlight books are so good.I can't wait to get the
4th book that coming out Aug. 2.
I love the pictures of your kids they are so cute.
Katie

Anonymous said...

Janae

Definately read the Twilight books, I could not put them down. They aren't very intellectual, more like brain candy but very entertaining!