I haven't been posting much. I guess I feel like I have to have something cool to share and lately every day's been kind of the same. I haven't put up pictures of the house yet cuz I want to get all the last minute touches done. But since those won't happen all at once, I'll just show you the house pictures this week anyway! I feel like I'm giving away all our secrets when you see the house--all the messes and proof that we live here. But hey, that's what houses are for.
General Conference was quiet for us. We watched it on the internet and learned so much. It was the first time in a while that we haven't been with our families for conference. This time I wrote in my journal when thoughts came, and I have 4 pages of insights that can help me and our family. I'm going to do what Pres. Eyring told us he's done: write down how you see God's influence in your life every night in your journal. I've been writing down 5 blessings I see every day that show God's influence in my life. It is fun to think about what I'll write throughout the day.
Living here permanently has kind of sunk in now. We are far from friends and family and Doug doesn't particularly love CCM. But we know the Lord wants us to be here, so we'll keep praying and doing our best to find out why.
I made some other goals also. What are some goals you have made?
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I didn't catch as much of conference as I should have, but one talk I especially enjoyed was Sister Beck's on Sunday morning. It's one that I think I will want to read over and over again. My goal for right now is less media. Sydney's behavior had gotten out of control & I attributed it to TV. This week, we have had TV free days (almost...I have turned the TV on for a minimal amount of time) and it has already made a tremendous improvement in Sydney and in the spirit of our home. I love it!
I loved conference too but wish I could have paid more attention. I tried to take notes and Noah kept wanting me to draw pictures! I really look forward to reading conference and making some personal goals. I too was touched by Sister Beck's talk- I guess because it related so much to my life right now. I am definitely trying to spend more quality time with my boys. I also want to love more and serve better and be better prepared to receive the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
question what is CCW? anyway, eric and i tivo conference it was on but listening to it with carson wasn't happening for us. but my goals are simple everyday its to be calm with my kids and do things with them at the same time doing things for myself. I have others but that is my basic one most of the time.
Post a Comment