Thursday, September 27, 2007

Stroller or Sling?

I've been looking around at what to do with the stroller situation now that there's 2 kids to take along. I'm not much of a seamstress, but this looks possibly do-able, and the best for our budget right now. Do you seamstresses think this would be too difficult if I've only made quilts and PJ bottoms? Double strollers are expensive and it would be nice to not carry the car seat with me everywhere I go, but to use the sling instead. There are so many types out there too that it is overwhelming sometimes. As long as I don't use the sling too much so that Zach still associates sleeping with his crib, then I don't mind slings.

7 comments:

Walling Family said...

Slings are great, have you looked at a umbrella like double stroller? I will try to email you some links too. But I do like the slings!

Natalie said...

Check this out Janae. http://www.mammasmilk.com/pages/makeyourown.php I've got one like the first one and I LOVE it. It's been a lifesaver.

amanda said...

i'm not a big fan of slings for the reason you just said..so zack doesn't get use to sleeping there instead of his bed. but i also don't have a double stroller either. Emma just sat on top of the stroller. but really you have to do what you have to do, but if you get a double stroller make sure its one behind each other.

Keri said...

What to do, what to do? I use the snuggli with Jenna and push Sydney or I have Sydney ride her bike & I push Jenna. I do wish I had a double stroller sometimes, but with Sydney's age, I'm not sure the cost is worth it. To give you encouragement, I'm sure you can make a sling!!

Erin L said...

I'm sure the sling is doable. We have a bike trailer that can haul 2 kids, but I wish it could turn into a stroller for when we have 2.

Amanda said...

I have to admit. I love having a double stroller. I've used it so much that I couldn't go without it. Even now that Kimball is almost 4 we still use it. We've had it for over 2 years, and I will still use it with the new baby. I think they're definately worth the money. My kids have never been great sling or snuggli babies. I did get a Baby Bjorn for the new baby, because I figure I will still use the double stroller for the other two. Another thought, the double stroller is nice to have even if it's just on occasion. Like at the airport, Disneyland, the Zoo, and places like that. I'm even thinking about getting a new double stroller. Not because I need one, but just because there are so many great ones out there. I like ours okay. We have the Graco DuoGlider. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's huge. It's not light, although you get used to that. But it takes up most of the room in a trunk, which is why I love our van. Sorry I rambled off. Email me if you have any questions.

Howling Pickup said...

I love the new colors on your blog! I LOVE my Graco Duoglider. If you ever get to the point that you can make the investment, it is the best Tandem stoller- I did the research. I have heard from several people that the sling is awesome too and hope to try one with my next baby. My neighbor in Rexburg made one. I think she just figured it out on her own- not too hard.