Wednesday, September 21, 2011

We are in Utah

So, it's time I keep this blog updated. D received a Fulbright grant to study in Poland and finish his doctoral dissertation. There weren't enough funds for our family of 5 to go without getting into more debt-not to mention D wouldn't be able to get a job there due to strict Fulbright rules. After a lot of prayers, we decided it'd be best for the kids and I to stay with family in Utah while D is in Poland for 7 months. D has only been gone 11 days and so far we're surviving. Everyone is so helpful! I will be updating with photos of the family often. Check out D's blog at douglaspewpoland.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

Tracie said...

Wow, that's a long time to be separated. That's probably going to be difficult. But that's such a great opportunity. I know what it feels like to make short-term sacrifices (that feel like forever long) to gain long-term rewards. I hope the time goes by quickly!

Your family is probably excited to see you though. :)

MelancholySmile said...

When did your kids get so BIG? Crazytown!

I know it makes sense for you guys, but 7 months is a LONG time. J and I were separated for 40 days this summer and it felt like for-ev-er.

I'm hoping we can make a trip to see you while you're close.

PS did you know Mark and Crystal live in Provo now? They're right down the street from Nie Nie!

Claireese said...

How exciting! Good luck, i am sure it will be a long 7 months with out your hubby:( Your kids are soooo big, it is unbelievable!