Sunday, June 7, 2009

8 Bagatelles


I will admit, free time around here is sparse, and free time with Doug is EXTREMELY rare. So I find it a priority to go into his "world" sometimes. I often forget that he goes to school everyday, with his own daily routines and pressures and homework. So it's always a bit of a reality check for me when I get to dress up and go to a concert. I realize that he's taking classes, doing homework, composing, fulfilling church callings, and taking care of his family. I get so impressed and appreciate him and his hard work so much more.

So, we went on a date last weekend. To a concert, of course. :) I got to sit in a nice chair and SIT STILL! But let's face it, my attention span is out of practice. I got fidgety. I kept thinking I needed to whip out a book for my little ones, or wipe a dirty mouth. I can keep kids entertained for an hour. But me, sitting still for a few hours? That's a rarity. Don't get me wrong, though--I could get used to it. :)

But enough about me. We dropped the kids off to get babysat, then headed to Cincinnati Conservatory of Music to hear a performance of Doug's 8 Bagatelles. It was performed by the wind ensemble and Dr. Milligan conducted. The pieces are all about happenings in our family life. My favorite is Faucet. (which, thank goodness, is no longer leaky!) Click HERE to hear the piano version of it. Or, go to his website, douglaspew.com.

1 comments:

t.t.turner said...

Wow! What a neat concert! Doug is amazing!