Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 things you never wanted to know

Since I haven't posted for awhile, here you go! (I really hate tags, but the problem is I can't stop thinking about them until I do 'em.)

1. I love not setting my alarm in the mornings. The best part of being a mom is waking up to my kids (unless it's TOO early!)
2. I ran away from home once when it was time for a violin lesson. My mom drove a block away, found me, and made me go to my lesson late and apologize to my teacher.
3. I love roller coasters, sledding, rock-climbing, cliff diving. Thriller stuff. I would LOVE to skydive!
4. I didn't do a senior recital in high school because I wanted to go camping to Havasupai with some friends (one of whom I had a MAJOR crush on). It was a blast, except for the fact that I should've done that recital. I could've been so much better on violin when I started college.
5. I am in love with working out. The runner's high, the sore muscles, pilates...aaahhh.
6. Doug was my first "official" boyfriend. First everything!
7. I never colored/highlighted my hair until after my first child was born. (I finally had to admit it was turning dirty-blonde)
8. I can't whistle, can't snap, and can't do cartwheels.
9. I almost majored in English literature. I love to write.
10. I don't sleep on my pillow. I turn it vertically and place it behind me neck, w/ my head on the mattress.
11. I slobber in my sleep. I wash the sheets 2-3x a week cuz of it.
12. Give me a reason to bake, and I'll bake. I LOVE baking and eating sweets.
13. I try on 2 or 3 outfits most days before I'm satisfied with what I'm wearing. I NEVER know what shoes to put on.
14. I hate ironing and mopping.
15. I want to play in a professional orchestra when I grow up, and take lessons from Itzhac Perlman.
16. I love animals, especially cats.
17. I have bad genetics: heart attacks, Alzheimers, breast cancer, high cholesterol/blood pressure, arthritis, a sweet tooth...so I exercise in hopes that that will counteract somehow.
18. I used to make homemade soap with my mom.
19. I love having a boy and a girl! Aubrey is so sweet and is a perfectionist already, just like me (poor thing). Zachary is our destroying angel. I love seeing the differences in their personalites, and I love how they play together.
20. I am amazed at how much Doug sacrifices for me and our family. He never gets angry. He is so supportive of my needs.
21. I love sweet/salty combos while watching a movie. Popcorn w/ an orange/apple, or popcorn w/ sour patch kids or sour gummy worms.
22. I love having friends! I loved high school and miss all my friends. Terribly.
23. I almost died giving birth to Aubrey. Eclampsia=seizures and emergency c-section. Then all natural with Zachary.
24. My favorite color is aqua/blue.
25. I've never broken a bone, but I've sprained my ankle plenty and have had surgery 4 times.

4 comments:

Claireese said...

That was so fun to read!

Shaela said...

Wow - you and I are SO MUCH MORE alike than I ever realized!! I think at least 20 of those things I could say about myself, lol!

Kierst said...

People actually do senior recitals in high school?

Halsey said...

You are such a fun person! I remember when you almost died :( Way too scary for all of us! Hey, speaking of having babies in Rexburg, what was your experience like? Any recommendations/tips?