Monday, October 20, 2008

I don't know what to call this post

I am so sick of everything! When holiday time rolls around, I get so home-sick. We won't be going anywhere for the holidays. And lately, I just have no motivation to be with people, or have people over. That involves this:

And lately, I just can't keep the house clean. I know I shouldn't, but I take it personally. That makes me feel worse. And I wish I didn't have a loosey-goosey belly. I try and try, but I just can't stop my sweet tooth. I keep telling myself 2 kids is a good reason. And I wish I was better at organizing my time with the kids, and doing more fun things with them. Doug is in the thick of school and side jobs, so he can't help much. I just want somebody to come over (and not look at the messes) and give me a big hug. And then maybe clean up and organize for me a little. :)

I miss you all and wish this computer screen wasn't here, and that I could see you all in person. And talk, and reminisce, and let our kids play together....

18 comments:

t.t.turner said...

If I wasn't in Henderson, I would come over straightaway and give you a GINORMOUS hug... but I can't, so pretend! :) You're great, Janae!

Natalie said...

I've totally been feeling the same way Janae. Exactly. SO I go on this big organizing kick and then over do it. So it's this huge cycle, craziness of both not organized and then too much organized. So this week it's baby steps. have you ever heard of Flylady? I love it and it really helps. It's all about babysteps to achieve exactly what you're saying you need. I'm starting over for the 3rd time now, but it's great. Go to flylady.net and just start clicking. There's a whole bunch of information that's kind of an overload, but click on babysteps. It helps, and I hope this helps without me being on a soapbox or anything. I'm starting over today with the babysteps. Since baby #3 came, it's been crazy, but I think i'm ready to start over. Hopefully.

Emily said...

Janae, I'm thinking of you. I remeber feeling very similar when we lived out in the mid west. Good luck! I know you can do this.

Sharon Beesley said...

hi janae, you stole the words right out of my mouth. i feel the same way about everything you wrote!

Jeremy and Sarah said...

I hear ya. I'm kinda in the middle of that too. Some things require way to much eneregy. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I so wish I lived closer and could be of help. I have felt the same way before, one thing that helped me during a particularly overwhelming time was the idea of keeping the ball rolling. That won't fix the homesickness, but it might help with the rest. When I get overwhelmed I often just throw the towel in and of course that makes it worse, but during this time the thought came to me that as long as I don't drop the ball I will still be moving foward. For example, With your housework don't try to tackle it all, just do one thing, then tommoro do one more thing, and keep going. With your sweet crave don't try to go cold or change your diet completly just start by adding one healthy thing and then another. If you aren't motivated to work out just do one little thing. 20 crunches a push up, ect... Just remember it is by the small and simple things we do that great things come to pass NOT the short moments of trying to be wonder woman. Just keep the ball rolling, that has made all the difference for me. Hang in there, I think you amazing and wish I could be there to help :)

Keri said...

Aww, I'd come hug you, too. Just know that we all feel like that at times. The more I blog, the more I think days (or weeks, or whatever) like yours are normal. My only solution is to stop thinking I need to be perfect & just enjoy each day...even it's doing absolutely nothing at home.

Holly said...

It's good to know I'm not the only one that feels like this sometimes! It's no fun to be homesick either... I can def. relate to you! Hope the blues get chased away soon!

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

You should call this post "What Heidi is thinking right now."

Seriously, though, I think that most of us moms feel like this frequently...I'd say at least once a week. Sorry about the holidays though, that would be hard.

Kami P. said...

You were reading my thoughts on this one so don't feel alone. Thank you for making me feel better about my caos.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you a hug!! If I was around I would help you clean too...Some days are just harder than others huh?' If you ever need someone to talk to, e-mail me your number and I'd love to chat or just listen or whatever you need! Good Luck! I love that you are honest about how you are feeling instead of just pretending nothing is wrong! I admire you for that!!

Jenni said...

I would be there in a second! You guys should move to Seattle. In fact everyone should move to Seattle. It's just fun. I have those days a lot too so don't get down...well do...enough to enjoy the snapping out of it. It'll get there. Love you!

Shaela said...

oh Janae, I'm so sorry you're having a rough time! If I was there, I'd come over and give you a hug. :0) we've all been there, you can lean on all of us. sending love and hugs your way...

Amanda said...

Clark just read this and thought it was me writing. That just goes to show you that we're all in the same boat. I've been cleaning my house (really cleaning) for a few days now and it still looks like a mess.

I'm giving you Cyber Hug right now.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that we have a new blog address, it just made things more organized for me. It is http://amberandbensfam.blogspot.com Just wanted to let you know!!

Thanks Ben and Amber Sessions

Your kids are so stinking cute!!!

Rolyndia said...

I think we all have those days and must be hitting us all at the same time. It will get better and you will feel better and remember you are loved by us all.

Kami P. said...

Hey Janae, I just barely got that comment you left on my Fall Family Pictures. Thanks for your nice words. And I got that top at a store called Charlotte Russe here in Omaha. I had never been to this store until right before I had these pictures taken and I bought like 3 shirts there. I really like the place- good style and good prices. (charlotterusse.com)

MelancholySmile said...

I really get that. :( I hope you know that I admire you greatly. You've been a source of strength during difficult times for me, and a wonderful example of faith and perseverance. It is not weakness to feel the way you are. Raising little kids is hard work! Being lonely is natural! Don't let the perfectionist in your head get you down! If I were there, I'd come over {in my pj's!} with a good movie or some Peppermint ice cream and lounge with you. We'd let the kids destroy the house, and maybe the next day we'd get around to cleaning up and starting anew. For today, just be compassionate with yourself. Love you!