Thursday, October 23, 2008

Home for Christmas!!

Wow...I think blogs are meant to be journals AND to help each other out! Your comments really boosted my spirits--thank you! And, thanks to a good friend, I got the incredible idea of checking out flights to Utah. With gas prices going down, flights were almost half price off from last week. So...instead of using our Christmas money on gifts...we're flying home! Doug's parents live 30 minutes from my parents, so we'll be able to see both.

This is further proof to me that nothing matters more in the world than each other. True happiness doesn't come from ANYTHING material. I'm giddy just thinking about Christmas! Although I'm glad we won't be there for a month this time... {hey, living with family for too LONG isn't good either}

Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Shaela said...

that is so wonderful!! Being home for the holidays is always the best. The Christmas that my family spent all our gift money on renting a snug little cabin up on Mt. Bachelor was the BEST Christmas ever, for no other reason other than that we were all together. now, let the Christmas countdown begin!!

Just Ellen said...

what a great way to spend your christmas money! oh, that sounds so nice. family IS the most important thing. i'm happy for you!! and how nice, that your parents live near one another! how convenient!