Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sitting around the toilet

Day 1 of potty training went pretty well. I definitely won't be doing any "summer cleaning", though!

She got special princess panties, and made it to the potty 7 times. There were plenty of misses, but hey--7 stickers are on her chart on Day 1! (She was drinking a TON!)

Had our favorite snack: graham crackers with whipped cream.

She got to dress up as Cinderella.


We made fruit pizza, and I'm proud to say I've now passed on the tradition of "spoon cleaner-upper" to her.

Day 2 was hard because I was working at the playland in the gym for 3 hours...with lots of other kids running around. Once we got home, she got back into being excited about it. I'm going to have to
a) quit the job or
b)go insane. I think quitting will happen as soon as I can get the nerves. I'm just so bad at saying no to things. I feel guilty about it, but I've got too much going on and I don't work out now because I don't have the time. Ironic?

Anyway, I am alive but have been stuck inside way too much already. Maybe we'll go swimming so if she accidentally pees, no one will know. Isn't that why they put all that chlorine in the water?!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray! I'm glad potty training is going good for you guys!! :)

Keri said...

Despite all of the stress, it looks like you're still managing to have some fun. Potty training will get better with time. Give her a good month and she'll be good to go. (Fingers crossed.) Good luck with making the decision whether or not to keep working. :)

Shaela said...

lol - oh, Janae... that's EXACTLY why they put all the chlorine in the water!! good luck to you (and her) :0)

MelancholySmile said...

It's okay to say no! Quit the job- the kids are only young once, and you are so right about not having the time to work out-- isn't it frustrating how that happens? Good luck, you can do it! {Oh, and lol about passing on the tradition of licking the spoon- I was surprised at how difficult that was for me to do. :)}