1. My birthday was last Sunday. It was a warm, inviting day, and we had "home church" (conference) so I even got to sleep in! Doug spoiled me by making me breakfast and lunch and taking care of the kids. I got spoiled with tons of gifts, including an iPod shuffle. We had our good friends the Olsens over for dinner--my favorite lasagna. Then Doug's dad flew in that evening (due to work) and was here just in time for cake and ice cream. He stayed until Wednesday. We had fun going out to dinner one day, Graeter's another, and watching Enchanted for the first time.
2. Been working on my 8th writing assignment. It's been taking every bit of spare time I can find.
3. Yesterday I did 4 or 5 loads of laundry....I never caught up after being sick. I'm still not caught up.
4. Went to a Bunco party last night. It was my first one. All of us moms joked about how it doesn't take much to entertain us...dice, food, and no kids.
5. I got called as the 1st counselor in YW's, and I'm SOOO excited. Today was my first time and it made me feel young again...that is, until I realized that in 9 years, Aubrey will be in YW's.
8. The kids and I substituted at the gym. It makes me appreciate only having two kids full time...
9. Got pulled over in our van, which hasn't been registered since '06. It was given to us by my parents, and they lost the title so we couldn't get it registered. What a big mess! Luckily the policeman gave me a citation. I have to get it fixed, then go to court in 2 weeks or else they impound the car.
10. Aubrey's ready to be potty trained. In nursery today she told the leader she need to go potty. They took her, pulled down her pull-up, then realized it was a diaper, and got me. She loves to sit on the toilet but never does anything. I'm planning on staying home all next week and starting the lovely potty training process. Oh my.
10. Aubrey's ready to be potty trained. In nursery today she told the leader she need to go potty. They took her, pulled down her pull-up, then realized it was a diaper, and got me. She loves to sit on the toilet but never does anything. I'm planning on staying home all next week and starting the lovely potty training process. Oh my.
Okay, there's the update!

16 comments:
It sounds like you've had a really nice week. Happy belated birthday, too! Congrats on the calling. I don't know if I could do YW. RS suits me just fine. On the nursing & solids, it sounds like he's eating & nursing plenty to me. But then again, both of my girls have gone through phases where they hardly gained any weight, so take that for what it's worth. :)
Busy week! I totally understand, we have been pretty crazy here too! As far as feeding goes...what I have read and been advised and done with both of mine is nurse and then give solids and that has always worked well. They say (pediatricians) is that most of the nutients for the 1st year come from milk or formula, so that should be the first and foremost. Not that I know much, but that is what I do
wow, what a week! Yeah for YW's - I loved serving there, but my time so far in primary has been a blast too. I have decided that I would much rather be in YW or primary than relief society! (is that bad or what?)Anyway, I always feed Logan a bottle before giving him solids, but that is just because he is a terrible drinker and won't take a sippy cup yet. So anything I can do to make him get more fluid I'll try , and that seems to help.
Wow, great update! Happy birthday! Don't you wish we could have home church all the time? I just bought Courtney's summer wardrobe at the 40% off sale at Old Navy. Even on sale, buying kids clothes is so expensive! Having one of each is harder because you can't just use all the hand-me-downs. Good luck potty training. I really, really hate potty training, but no one around me seems to have as difficult time as I do. I guess that means don't take any of my potty training advice. :)
Happy belated bday! Congrats on your calling. I'm still in a married student ward so there is no YW, but it sounds like fun.
Good luck with the potty training. I hear it can be frustrating, but the end result is worth it. :)
Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun fun week... the girls are going to LOVE you in YW! Good luck potty training too! Ugh... we have our good and bad days! lol. It's more of a process than I realized.
I am the 2nd counselor in YW and love it. I am sure you will do a fantastic job. We have been eating ground turkey in place of ground beef for a long time. I can't even tell the difference between the two. However, if you want to disguise the flavor a little, add some beef boullion. About 1 tsp. to 1 lb. of meat. Good luck.
Okay, this comment has nothing to do with the post that it's attached to...I apologize. I just assumed that since it was your most recent post you would be more likely to read it...
I am writing simply to tell you that I was so thrilled to see that you had read my blog and even more excited to see that you had quoted me on yours. This was months ago, I know, and I regret taking so long to respond to you; but yes! please do read my blog and share what you like with others. :) That's what blogs are for, right? Most of the time at least...
Okay, I feel better now, finally getting back to you. :)
All the best to you--you have a very cute little family! I'm sorry to hear that you were all sick on Easter. But it sounds like your life is full of wonderful people and wonderful things to keep you busy. Hope to hear more from you soon, Cortney
Yay for the update. Happy Birthday! I am excited for your new calling and Zach is so big and so cute! I can't believe our little guys are 8 months already! :) Good luck with the potty training! It's crazy! :) Hang in there.
Wow, you've been busy! Let me know how the potty training goes and any tips you can give me! London also loves to sit on the potty but never does anything. So, I have no advice. I just need it!
good luck with the potty training!! I'll be training Lina this summer, and even though everyone says girls are easier... I'm scared! keep us posted on how it goes.
good luck with the potty training!! I'll be training Lina this summer, and even though everyone says girls are easier... I'm scared! keep us posted on how it goes.
Congrats on the new calling! And I didn't forget your bday jut saving the suprise for when we get together.
If it can hold off start looking at garage sales I got Garretts whole wardrobe last summer. And way cheaper then on sale.
And I think that Zach is just fine. Don't worry about it just keep doing what you are doing!
Goodness you sound busy! Love it! Good luck with the potty training. We just finished. (Finally! She's so stubborn!) It's a "blast." Hehe. Anyway, I always do milk first, then they don't fill up on solids. Good luck!
Post a Comment