Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pondering...

I'm finished! My story is done. I've gone through so many feelings as I've taken this course, like "Why am I doing this? There's no time for it." and "I love writing--what an outlet!" and "There are too many details involved in writing a 500 word article...I'm SICK of this". But always, when I mail the story out, there is a feeling of accomplishment. The hard work seems worth it. The constant revisions, making my eyes sore from staring at the computer, have allowed me to come up with something I feel is worthwhile. Something that can make a difference in others lives. That's what I just have to remind myself during the hard parts... I don't always love the work involved, but I love writing.

I've been trying to apply that to all aspects of my life. I don't always love the hard work it takes to keep the house in order, or to keep the family happy...but I love the results.


And I love this man. I am so thankful for prophets. President Hinckley's death has touched me in many ways. My strongest memory of him was when I heard the talk given to youth on the six B's. That talk lifted me. I felt President Hinckley's love for us. He helped me desire to do better. To become. I was able to see him in the conference center many times, and each time I felt great love for this man. He helped me to become closer to my Savior. He helped me to desire to work harder, to achieve all I can, and to increase my testimony. I felt his spirit during his funeral, and I will always love President Hinckley.

As I go through millions of emotions every hour (okay, every minute!) of every day, I have found peace in knowing that what I am doing is right. The little things, tedious at times, bring results. And that brings happiness.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Glad you're satisfied!

Clark said...

Doesn't it seem sometimes that hard work is overrated? Isn't it nice to just sit back and relax occasionally? But then again, that gets boring after awhile and there is great satisfaction in achieving a goal.

Thanks for your words about the prophet. He was a wonderful man!

Again, it's Amanda!