It's hard to be a mom. Especially lately, when my sleep's really been out of whack. Zach's been super fussy cuz he's teething (I'm hoping that's the reason!) and I just don't know how people do it with kids that have colic. Anyway, I was so frustrated when Zach woke up at 5am...and out of the blue, Doug said:
"Why did the mother cross the road?"
Me, automatically: "To get away from her kids!"
Doug: "Why did the father cross the road?"
me: "To get away too!"
Doug: "Because he can't live without his wife."
Aww, so sweet. Then, begrudgingly, I thought, "Why did the couple cross the road? To get back to their children." And the day began.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Losing Patience
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You two are too sweet. I really do want to run away sometimes. Tonight I just want to run away so I can sleep forever and not have to wake up!
What a nice comment from Doug. I know about getting frustrated too -- I'm sure it only increases with more kids. I've found though that even when I get frustrated, it doesn't last long; one look at those beautiful eyes and sweet smile just makes my day.
Well said! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has had those kind of days. :)
Post a Comment