Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fun times...

Wow, how fast the holidays go. It's less than a week until Christmas! I've been taking pictures like mad, and thinking about blogging but never doing it. The presents are almost finished, food is plentiful--waiting to be cooked into a delicious meals--and the house is a mess. But all for good reason!

Daddy's had a break from school, so we've been playing with him!

The Christmas party was a success, although Aubrey did NOT like Santa.

We have lots of presents under the tree from our wonderful grandparents (Thanks again!). But who needs presents when you have a box full of packing peanuts?

Bathtime resulted after this.


And here's me. Tired, like the droopy star on our tree. We were looking forward to going to the Louisville temple yesterday, but discovered they were closed. Luckily we found that out before we began the 1 1/2 hr drive. Being all dressed up with nowhere to go, I had to snap a picture to give it justice! Then I quickly changed back into my favorite motherhood clothing-- sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Now it's time to do the laundry, vacuum up the peanut-covered carpet, and make cookies for the cookie exchange tomorrow!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Wow, it sounds like you have been busy. I bet it's nice to have Doug around a little more right now. How were you going to manage to make it to the temple? Did you have a babysitter & will Zack take a bottle? I don't have that luxury with Jenna. You look cute, though. Aubrey looks so cute in the box, too.

Anonymous said...

I love the packing peanuts in the diaper. Looks like Aubrey had fun in the box. And you don't look tired at all in the photo -- you look beautiful!

Janae said...

Keri, I'm lucky--Zach does take a bottle. I'm breastfeeding, but when he was 4 weeks old I introduced the bottle a few times a week (with pumped milk, and a few times with formula), and he doesn't mind it at all. I did that with Aubrey too and that's how I was able to go to school and breastfeed at the same time. I'm lucky they've adapted well--it makes it nice for me to know I can leave and they'll be fine without me. I sure have been blessed to not have any problems breastfeeding--I've heard so many horror stories.

Amanda said...

The pictures are darling. Isn't true about presents and the boxes they come in?

You do look great! I understand about the tired thing, and yes my favorite outfit is sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Although I haven't had the easiest time breast-feeding, it is getting better. A breast-feeding horror story (at least to me) is when I hear that a baby won't take a bottle. I could never handle that. I too introduced all of my kids to a bottle pretty early. I wasn't taking any chances that would lead to me being their only source of nutrition. Mentally I just couldn't handle that.