It took me awhile to get to this. These aren't exactly my favorite. I mean, who likes to talk about themselves? But here goes.
The rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I had surgery on my thumbs a month before we got married. I had trigger thumbs, which is when the knuckles get locked and have to be yanked/popped back into place. They cut the tendon sheath and that solved the problem. I had both thumbs done at once (so my parent's insurance would cover it) and couldn't eat, wash my hair, or do anything without help. And that was the week of finals, when I had to pack up my apartment in Rexburg and move back to Utah!
2. I have always wanted to run a marathon. I will do it before I die. I simply love the high I get from exercising--it's my addiction! (So is eating. This way it evens out, I guess.)
3. I've always wanted to go to beauty school.
4. What a perfectionist I am...as a teenager, I used to have nightmares--not about scary people or dangerous things, but that I was given an impossible amount of things I had to finish in one day, and I would never be able to finish in time. I would always wake up sweating and disoriented. It was an awful feeling.
5. I've never broken a bone, only sprained some.
6. I never knew that kids were like aliens--sucking the energy out of you. I seriously thought I was young, but every afternoon I feel exhaustedly old. Especially if we go anywhere. Just to leave the house requires me to be dressed, preferably showered and wearing makeup; Aubrey and Zach to be fed, diapered, and dressed as well; a diaper bag filled with toys, diapers, sippy cups, bottles, and food; my purse filled with who-knows-what; and carrying Zach in his car seat while trying to get Aubrey to walk up the stairs and out to the car. Then, our van only has one door, and Aubrey's car seat is on the side furthest from the door, so I have to put Zach down, yank Aubrey over Zach's seat, buckle her with my butt showing to all the neighbors, then put Zach in, then get in the car and drive to our destination. Then, depending on where we go, I have to put the 2 kids and accessories in the double stroller or in a cart, either of which takes another 10 minutes to assemble. By the time I get anywhere, it's been about an hour. So then the kids are cranky, which only gives me a few minutes to buy groceries/shop. You get the picture.
Okay, I'm done! I don't feel like tagging anyone else, but if you have time do this because I love reading about you guys.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
I've been tagged...again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I have to laugh (out of empathy) at your description of getting out the door. Gone are the days of just deciding to up and go somewhere with ease! I've found it's so refreshing to go somewhere with only one kid now, or better yet, no kids. I swear I had a record setting short grocery trip last night...only because I left the girls home!
Hi Janae! Cute blog. Your new little one is adorable! What a sweet family you are. It's funny, I also have a hard time taking kids with me shopping, however, Richard actually enjoys taking all five kids to Wal-mart with him. It's like one of his pastimes. Makes no sense to me. Oh well.
Keep in touch! KaraLyn
Thanks for sharing. I also totally got your description of going out with the kids. Isn't it exhausting? I was tired just hearing your story, so why I am having #4?
I laughed out loud at your last fact...oh the joy. Today I went and ran errands with Morgan Hillman and Jessica Wilkinson and wow...we were like a circus. We each had to drive our own cars and it took me forever to get my kids in the car and out of the car and in the stroller and out of the stroller and in the cart...etc, you get the picture. That was hilarious! Thanks for sharing. I am exhausted too...no wonder my house is a mess all the time.
Ha Ha Janae that is hilarious! I know exactly how you feel!
Post a Comment