We found a bread recipe (thanks to Robyn!) that is comparable to Great Harvest bread. Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions.
INGREDIENTS:
1 LOAF
Warm water: 1 2/3 c.
Honey: 1/3 c.
Yeast: 2 ½ teaspoons
Whole wheat flour (you can grind it ahead of time but you must keep it in the freezer if you do this to maintain the nutrients.): 1 ¼ c.
Germade (cream of wheat): ¼ c.
Cracked wheat: ¼ c.
Salt: 2 teaspoons
Oatmeal (optional, we added this as a variation to the recipe): 1/3 c.
White flour: Approx. 2 1/3 c. (less if you add the oatmeal)
3 LOAVES
Warm water: 5 c.
Honey: 1 c.
Yeast: 2 ½ Tablespoons
Whole wheat flour (you can grind it ahead of time but you must keep it in the freezer if you do this to maintain the nutrients.): 3 ¾ c.
Germade (cream of wheat): ¾ c.
Cracked wheat: ¾ c.
Salt: 2 Tablespoons
Oatmeal (optional, we added this as a variation to the recipe): 1 cup
White flour: Approx. 7 c. (less if you add the oatmeal)
6 LOAVES
Warm water: 8 1/3 c.
Honey: 1 2/3 c.
Yeast: 4 Tablespoons
Whole wheat flour (you can grind it ahead of time but you must keep it in the freezer if you do this to maintain the nutrients.): 6 ¼ c. (grind 4 c.)
Germade (cream of wheat): 1 ¼ c.
Cracked wheat: 1 ¼ c.
Salt: 3 1/3 Tablespoons
Oatmeal (optional, we added this as a variation to the recipe): 2 cups
White flour: Approx. 10 c. (less if you add the oatmeal)
Mix warm water and honey completely and then add the yeast. Set aside until yeast bubbles and rises. In a separate bowl mix wheat flour, germade, cracked wheat, oatmeal (optional), and salt. After yeast bubbles and rises stir and then add the wheat flour mixture. Stir vigorously. Add white flour gradually while stirring until dough reaches elastic consistency that you can knead. (The recipe says to knead for 8 min. but I only need it for 2-3.) Cover and set aside to raise for about 45 min to an hour (or until it doubles in size). Spray pans with cooking spray, bottom and sides. Divide into loaves and knead each individual loaf until all the air bubble are gone and the loaf holds shape (I only need it about 2-3 min.) If you are doing 6 loaves you will have to divide the dough in half and set aside one half. Knead 3 of the loaves and allow to raise. When you turn on the oven to heat up to cook the first three loaves, then divide and knead the other three loaves and allow to raise while the first 3 cook. Cook at 360 degrees for 35 min. Remove from pans immediately after taking out of oven and place on a rack to cool.
Notes:
-I’ve only made 3 loaves at a time. When I do 3 loaves, I increase the wheat flour to 5 ¾ c. and decrease the white flour to approx. 5 cups (maybe even less with the oatmeal). You can play around to see if you prefer more whole wheat or white flour.
-You can use your kitchen-aid mixer (if it’s big enough) to do the kneading. Use the dough hook. It saves a lot of time and clean-up.
-Cracked wheat is simply regular wheat that’s not ground as much. You don’t need to use it if you don’t have a wheat grinder—just depends on your preference for a more crunchy or soft texture.
-Halfway through cooking time, I put foil tents over the top of the loaves. It keeps the crust soft.
-The texture of this bread is yummy and it makes large loaves, the size of store bought kind, which is great for sandwiches and French toast.
Let me know how yours turns out!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Lehi Roller Mills Honey Wheat Bread
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'll likely be trying this! I made rolls on Friday (about 4 dozen), and there are only 3 left!!! They were really good. Tonight I'm making fry bread to have Navajo tacos. I've decided that I need to be much more comfortable making bread & such, because homemade is SO much better. Thanks for sharing!
Yummy looking bread! I will have to try this recipe! Mine is having a hard time here with the whole sea level thing.
Also Tag you are it. I got tagged and now you have been, so check out my blog for details.
Thanks for the recipe, although I looks a little too complicated to try here in England. Plus, I don't know if I can get all of the ingredients. In fact, I have no idea where to even buy wheat here. I'm sure someone in the ward would know, but for now let's just hope I don't need much of an extra food supply.
I'll definitely try the recipe when I get back to the states. Thanks!
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/][img]http://vioperdosas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]office 2003 updates, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]List Software Downloadable Software[/url]
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]discount software stores[/url] academic software windows xp internet store software
adobe photoshop cs4 cd key [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]purchase cheap software[/url] ms academic software
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]store checkout software[/url] adobe graphic software
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]filemaker pro v6 troubleshoot[/url] chiropractic office software
Cut Express 4 Mac [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]Pro 11 Mac[/url][/b]
Hi people!
free sex clips dan free sexy bizarre video clip free sex audio clips
free sex clips with dolls
free sexy erotic asian dance clips
free nudist family clips
free sex clip really good tip
free sex clips hot teacher
free sex movie clips gallery
free sexy jap clip
free sexual medical video clips
free sex thumbnail pics clips
free nurse femdom clip
free sex clips and samples free sex video clip hunter free sex mp4 clips free sex videos porn thumbs clips free sex movie clips gallery
Post a Comment