Lately I feel like giving up. I'm tired of everything. I know I've had a bad attitude--it's mostly because I get sick of trials. God gives me trials to grow, but a lot of times they're so hard for me that I get stubborn and stop trusting in Him. The kids seem to be fighting more than ever these days. I've found myself short tempered because of it. I've been too busy, and am learning to say no...anyway. It's to the point where I don't even want to talk about it.
As of yesterday, I'm trying to read my scriptures (yet again) and sincerely pray for strength. I seem to always fall in this rut where I think I can do things myself, but then end up failing miserably after trying. If I just let Him, God helps me more than I ever could on my own.
That's why this blog's been neglected. Let's liven things up a bit!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Staying Afloat
Posted by
Janae
at
12:19 PM
Labels: A, D, Extended family, Friends, J, Our family, Z
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Life can be pretty tough sometimes, can't it. If you find some cheer, pass it this way!
Oh, Janae, I wish we lived closer! I'm sure our girls would LOVE to play together! Maybe spring will bring more flowers this year. I hope you're doing better soon.
When I start feeling down and feling like all is lost, and that I dont want to pray etc. I try to remember at least one instance of when Heavenly Father has helped me, and I try to remember especially the way I felt and the spirit that was there. Hope that helps-- Love your kids they sure are cute!
hang in there - I've been feeling the same lately. But I've been trying to remember what Pres. Monson said in the Oct. GC: "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." It helps me keep things in perspective; maybe it will help you too. :)
I was just thinking about how to stop my children from fighting so much {and how to keep my own rising voice from joining the fray} when I heard Elder Eyerings talk from last general conference. He talked about the need for God's children to be joined in unity, and spoke of hearing families pray for unity in their homes. It made me think that I should start using those words out loud when I say our family prayers. I want my kids to hear more than just, "Be nice!" or "Stop fighting!" and somehow, allowing them to listen as we ask Heavenly Father to help us have unity in our homes seems like a good solution. For all of us.
Hope you feel better {and win some of those giveaways!}
Hang in there. I am sorry you are feeling that way. Be assured we have all felt that way. One thing that helps me when I get to feeling that way is to take an afternoon to myself to rejuvenate that spirit:) Find someone to tend the kids if you need to. Take some time to recollect. We get so busy don't we. Sometimes we just have to slow down and take care of ourselves so we can keep up with busy little kids and very busy lives. You are awesome! We all love ya and will be thinking of you. The pics are darling! those kids are so cute.
Janae, I gotta give you props. I have feelings like this all the time, but I like to pretend that nothing's ever wrong with me, so I just hide under my blankets and yell at my husband and kids until i feel better. I should be more like you and let people know how I'm feeling so that they can help me. Whenever you're feeling bad and need "me" time, bring those rugrats over and go buy yourself a pair of shoes, for goodness sake! (even if they come from Goodwill)
Post a Comment