We mailed out as many of these as we had postage for. (obviously, not many!) For the rest of you, here's our holiday card. Forgive us for not sending it out to all of you!
This year Aubrey turned three and Zach had his first birthday. Aubrey is reading and saying her letters very well and beginning to spell little words. She loves to sing, especially Disney songs, and we often hear her singing to Zach in the night when he is crying. She and Zach have their daily ritual of dancing on our bed to the Imperial March from Star Wars and theme from Indiana Jones. Her favorite food is without a doubt pistachios.
Zachary has been walking for a couple months now and seems to be into everything. He has quickly learned that his teeth are powerful tools when he is being attacked by his sister. He loves to build with blocks and read books to himself when he's not removing books and CD's from the shelves and playing in the toilet.
Janae has enjoyed serving with the young women in our ward and working at our local gym in the day care. She keeps herself very busy with the children and especially with her third oversized child. She finished the course in children's literature that she was taking and is submitting short stories to magazines. She just received a new calling in primary teaching the eleven-year old girls, and she's loving it.
Doug is in the second year of his masters degree in composition at the University of Cincinnati-CCM and has just finished applying to doctoral programs which may take our family to New York or keep us here in Cincinnati for another two years. He had his masters recital at the end of November and is working on completing his thesis.
We hope you all had a happy holiday!


10 comments:
I love pistachios too. :) You look beautiful, and so happy with your lovely family. Are you hoping for New York? It's so far away, but wow! New York! I've always wanted to go there.
What a cute family picture! your kids are sure growing up! You look great!
What a cute pic! I love your hair Janae! I cant believe zac's walking already YEAH!!
I love your family picture! You guys look fabulous!
well you are all ready better then i am at holiday cards i did not send out one. I am glad you put it on here though it souds like things are good. I did not know that you were writing though so did any of the writings you sent in get published. I also enjoy hearing that my kk is not the only biter.
VERY CUTE family picture Janae! Really the picture perfect little familY! :)
Your picture is ADORABLE!!! You have the cutest family. I hope that you had a great Christmas. Bummer that we didn't figure out how to all get together. Let us know when you are coming again.
I'm secretly hoping for NY, but pretty sure it won't happen. We'd have to sell our place here and the cost of living there is insane...so we'll see!
I love this pic. i thought I had left a comment earlier, but I guess not. miss you guys.
What a great family picture! I'm glad you are all doing good!
Post a Comment