What a fun, busy week! Doug, despite starting school last week, watched the kids for me 3 nights in a row--so sweet!
The YW helped me discover the spider hiding in my rearview mirror all month. It would make a HUGE web every morning--should've taken a picture. They tried to kill it, but long story short--Doug killed it for me 2 days later. CREEPY.
Thursday I went to a Tastefully Simple party. It's all about buying a mix and adding a few simple ingredients, but it tastes like restaurant quality food. I really want to buy their seasonings.
Saturday was the Relief Society broadcast. I especially enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk. It was so uplifting. It made me think of you, Natasia, and all you're going through. Hope things are looking up for you.
Sunday I was SOO excited to try these Cafe Rio recipes.
I posted them HERE. I have seen a whole bunch of different recipes floating around, but the ones I tried tasted very similar to the restaurant. There were a lot of dishes to do afterward, but it was delicious and definitely worth it.
Then I made this Peach Berry Crisp for dessert with our home teachers, the Roarks.
Then I made this Peach Berry Crisp for dessert with our home teachers, the Roarks.
And good news...I got my story back from my teacher, and she said I outdid myself! I'm going to make a few changes and then send it in to The Friend. Someday, perhaps, I'll get published...but whatever the case, I've come a long way and I enjoy writing.
Now it's off to the gym for me. Have to balance all that cooking somehow! Have a good week everybody.


8 comments:
I've got to try those peanut butter bars! Those look yummy!
You're one busy lady! And you're making me hungry!
I've heard so many good things about the talks on Saturday-- I didn't have a chance to go, but will be watching them online this week. Thanks for the sentiments! I'm thinking that some of that comfort food may be just the ticket right about now.... :)
The food looks great. Glad you're having fun!
Janae, you are SUCH a domestic goddess! I aspire to be like you. Doug is one lucky guy.
Sounds like you had a fun week! I would totally be creeped out by the spider; I have the worst arachniphobia in the world - I wouldn't have gone NEAR my car till it was kiled and cleaned! I'm going to have to try some of those recipes, they look delish!
What's that up in the sky? Is it a bird? A plane? No.... it's SUPER MOM!!
psst - you won the drawing over at my blog! send me your addy so I can mail it to you. :0) not2odd@msn.com
Post a Comment