Our friends got sick too. All of them. And Aubrey and I are still carrying the dreaded flu, or whatever it is. It's like our stomachs are forcing us to be on a diet...I can hardly keep anything down. Luckily Doug only had it a day and is fine now.
Zach's cutting a top incisor tooth, so he's been cranky. But thankfully he's not sick.
My priorities have been a bit off, and being sick has helped me realize that. There's so many things I've been trying to do right now. I have tons of writing to do. I was offered regular hours at the gym. Playgroup. Going to the library's story time. Cooking, cleaning, visiting teaching, doing our finances, blah blah blah....
But I've not been as diligent in strengthening my testimony with the Lord and in being a good mom. I've realized I needed to say no in some areas. So I turned down the job. And as soon as we're up to it, the kids and I will be going out in this warm weather and playing. I just hope it stays warm for a long time now!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
When it rains, it pours
Posted by
Janae
at
6:08 PM
Labels: Our family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yuck - I'm sorry to hear you have all been so sick! Being sick is one thing, being a sick parent is another and being two sick parents together I have yet to experience and hope I never do!
But way to go on the simplifying. I know about the inability to say "no". I am just as bad. You are a strong lady for sure!
Oh, I really hope you feel better soon. It's so trying to be sick when you still have others to take care of. When I'm sick, I always wish I could fly my mom out to make me soup and baby me. :) Good job on the priorities- that's so hard, isn't it? It's like that talk about having to turn down "good" for "best". There are so many good things out there that can take over our day, it's hard to weed it out and only do the necessary and the best.
Hang in there Janae! You are an awesome mom and will be blessed for all you do. (And for the not-so-important things you don't do.) We miss having you in the Tabernalce Orchestra, and in Rexburg for that matter!
Post a Comment