Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Snow Day

Last week it snowed for two days and was extremely cold. Doug's never really gone sledding, since he grew up in California, so he was so excited! There's a small hill next to our patio that was perfect. We're glad we took advantage of it when we did, since this week it's been in the 60's and the snow has melted. The weather in Kentucky seems to be much more mild than Rexburg...and we don't mind it at all.

All bundled up. Thanks to the Wallings for Aubrey's snowsuit! It fits perfectly, and for a while she wanted to wear it instead of her coat every time we went out.


Grandma Pew gave Zach his very own "snowcoat". He didn't know what to think. He was sweating when we brought him back inside... guess we were a bit paranoid that he'd freeze.


Here's Aubrey saying, "Come on! Let's go again."


Sliding down. We used old diaper boxes, which worked surprisingly well. Aubrey had fun pushing herself down "all by herself" just as much. I have such fun memories of sledding growing up...we'd go down huge hills and bumps and would have frozen faces when it was all over. We ended the sledding with some Stephens Mint Hot Chocolate (thanks again, Jade and Michele)!

8 comments:

Howling Pickup said...

Your family is so cute and your kids are growing so much. We like the more mild weather here too!

Walling Family said...

I am so glad it fits her and that she loves it! What a cute picture too bad you aren't in the picture with them!

Keri said...

I love the ingenuity of using boxes! I've yet to take Sydney sledding or even build a snowman. I need to be more fun!

Keri said...

By the way, about hair cutting... I'm sorta self taught. My mom cut our hair all growing up (& still does when she's around), so I just grew up with it. I really think hair cutting is more of a confidence thing. I've just watched as I've gotten haircuts & learned some from that, too. Of course, I'm sure mine is "professional", but it's free!!

Karen said...

I love Aubrey's snowsuit. How funny that she wanted to wear it as her coat. :) I love kids and the fun things they do. Looks like a fun time in the snow... way to go on your home made sled.

Morgan said...

How fun!

Unknown said...

Janae, I can't beleive you lived in Rexburg for how long and you never took Doug sledding??? You will just have to come back and visit - we will let you borrow our sleds. Talk about a small world - as I was reading the comments on this page, I recognized the name "howling pickup" (the Wolfords). They also make comments on my brothers family blog. (Ryan and Alyse Burt) How cool that you are friends with my brothers' friends. Crazy! Your kids are sure growing up fast! Cute family!
KaraLyn

Anonymous said...

Janae this is mom. Love the cute pictures of Aubrey & Zach. They're adorable. I'm glad to see that you've passed on the tradition of sledding. Looks fun. Remember when we used to go down the hill in the wagon? Crazy but fun. We had lots of good times sledding and the hot chocolate is always the best after.
Luv ya!