Friday, January 11, 2008

Doug says I'm beautiful

I love my husband. He is good looking. He's a hard worker. He is honest. He never raises his voice. He is so patient with me. And he takes such good care of his family. Here's an example of how sweet he is.

I've been debating about wearing makeup when I go to the gym. I finally decided that it's not worth it because I get all sweaty and gross and have to shower anyway. When I explained this to Doug, he said, "Janae, you don't need makeup. You always look beautiful."
"Always?" I said, not believing him.
"Always," he answered. I kept probing.
"There must be sometime you've thought I've looked gross!"
He said, "Honestly, the only time was right after you had Aubrey, because you were pale after living on saline solution for five days in the hospital."
That made my day. Doug thinks I'm beautiful no matter what.

Cheesy post! Hehe.

9 comments:

Amber said...

It's amazing what a husbands kind words can do.

Keri said...

How cool! I love when husbands give us these tender moments!

Morgan said...

That is so sweet! It's great to get such a good reminder like that! And you ARE beautiful Janae!

Michelle said...

You really are beautiful, Janae. I hoped you believed him! Honestly, you have a beautiful family. Your children are adorable and your husband is amazing. (I can say that b'c I'm family)

Amanda said...

Isn't nice to know we don't always have to get dolled up for our husbands. It feels good to know that they love us know matter what.

Anonymous said...

JANAE AND DOUG! I miss you! I'm back at BYU-Idaho because the advising office messed up. My mission was wonderful! Call me! My number is 435.512.1483 Your children are beautiful! It's great to see them...even if it's over the net.

Anonymous said...

Yes you are so flipping beautiful! and so talented! you make me so jealous with how amazing you are. Symphony isn't the same without you. I hope all is well with you and your family at grad school. Lets try and keep in touch. I just started a blog but its really hard to find the time to make it cute like yours. Your kids are so big! and beautiful! Tell Doug hi for me and I hope to hear from you soon. I miss you! www.burbachs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Husbands!!!!

Unknown said...

What a stud! And way to go on the gym, Janae!