Sunday, November 11, 2007

Upcoming Adventures With Aubrey

Some things we need to seriously change around here:


*The pacifier. It needs to go.
*She's sleeping on our floor. She needs to go back to her room.
*She has irregular naptime and bedtime because of the above.
*Potty training. It hasn't even started, but I think she'll be ready soon. She hates diaper changing lately.
*Mealtimes. We let her snack on food a lot and sometimes she sleeps through meals. Need to have her eat at the table with us.
*TV time. We need to organize the day so that she knows what to expect instead of randomly allowing her to watch shows.

Wish us luck...any tips would be appreciated!

7 comments:

Keri said...

I do wish you luck. Changing all of those things is difficult. Advice? Pacifier--just be ready to endure 2 weeks of torture at bed & nap time (our experience). Potty training--try it, but just be patient with her. I tried it with Sydney a year before she actually did it. I just decided that she would do it when she was ready. Hopefully it's that time for Aubrey! TV time--I got some good advice on this, check out the comments on my post from a while back. Mealtimes--limit her snacks in between. We struggle with this with Sydney. Just let her be hungry for when you have meals. Naps--try to just get her on a good bedtime schedule (easier said than done!) and hopefully her sleeping schedule will become more regular. I hope this helps. Best wishes!

amanda said...

i think keri knows what is up. the binky..our kids have it gone by a year.. well wish us luck carson is almost there. will see how that goes but as keri said be strong, for us it was at least 3 days of hard naps. with her and naps i started to call it rest time and that seems to work better. Lily picks a movie and she knows its rest time and she get to lay on the couch and watch it. if she gets up too many times i put her in her bed. which she hates but usually she falls alseep to the movie so its a win win for me. if she sleeps great if not its at least a hour and a half of quite. if she is hating wearing the diapers you should try the potty thing out for sure, don't miss the chance. good luck and just try one thing at a time. you'll be fine, be strong. don't let a 2 year old run your life:)

BionicKatie said...

Hey Janae-
About the Pacifier. My sister had the same problem with her boy. she just cut off the top of the nipple of pacifier so it not suckable and have her throw away or you or doug do it in front of her so she know the Pacifier went bye bye.
Katie

Anonymous said...

For about a week or so now, Rylan has gone without his pacifier during the day. He knows he only gets it at naptime and bedtime. Soon though, I hope to eliminate it completely.
Routine is a good way to get the mealtimes/bedtimes back in order. that way, she'll come to depend on certain things at a certain time of day.

Walling Family said...

How cute is she......good luck with everything. I will think of some good advice and pass it on. Where did you get this new background? What sight the sight before she had to take down.

Amanda said...

I'm going through some of the same things with Sammy. He really needs to get rid of his pacifier. I'm a little nervous about that, because as soon as I took Kimball's away, he stopped taking naps. Sammy's pretty addicted.

I wish I could give you advice on potty training. Kimball was super easy. One day (when I knew he was ready)I let him wear underwear all day and made him go to the bathroom every half hour, no matter what. The next day he was telling me when he had to go to the bathroom. It's been over a year since he's been potty-trained and we've only had a handful of accidents.

Sammy on the other hand is two and a half (the same age Kimball was) and is not even close to being ready. I'll have him sit on the toilet and he can't even go. He doesn't get what it is. With the baby coming, I'm not even going to try to get rid of the paci or do potty-training.

I rarely give my kids snacks during the day, because they eat so much better at mealtime when I don't. I only give them snacks if there's a long break between meals, and even then I limit the snacks. I also limit the milk intake. If they drink too much milk, they won't eat.

Good luck with everything. Parenting is crazy, but you just have to try to figure out what works best for you and your family.

Jen said...

I hear you on the crazy adventures of parenting! Good luck! :) Zach is getting so big! He looks great. I like the look of your blog! You have good taste! :)