Friday:
I felt ill and laid on the floor all morning sleeping while Aubrey watched Little Mermaid. Then I felt so refreshed that I made wheat bread and pumpkin bars for our ward's chili cook-off that evening. We tried some very interesting types of chili! Hot, spicy, chicken, white chili, steak chili. They even had teeny potatoes to go with it, which for some reason made me miss the big potatoes people used to give us in Idaho. We'd get 50 lb bags of HUGE ones from our ward some years. Anyway, we played some fun games and got to know some more people that evening.
Saturday:
Aubrey began coughing and getting boogers all over the place. Doug's been sick for a while but his throat got worse. My throat started hurting. Yucky. Despite that, Doug and I cleaned and fixed things around the house. Doug was awesome and put up some shelves in our closets and laundry room so we have even more storage! He also fixed our front door lock. That is a story in itself. We were trying to get on time to church one day and were ready with 15 min to spare. But the door lock had jammed and we were locked in the house! So we had to jump up from our patio in our Sunday shoes and were late to church after all our efforts. We've been living with a hole in our bottom lock until now. Yay!
I felt ill and laid on the floor all morning sleeping while Aubrey watched Little Mermaid. Then I felt so refreshed that I made wheat bread and pumpkin bars for our ward's chili cook-off that evening. We tried some very interesting types of chili! Hot, spicy, chicken, white chili, steak chili. They even had teeny potatoes to go with it, which for some reason made me miss the big potatoes people used to give us in Idaho. We'd get 50 lb bags of HUGE ones from our ward some years. Anyway, we played some fun games and got to know some more people that evening.
Saturday:
Aubrey began coughing and getting boogers all over the place. Doug's been sick for a while but his throat got worse. My throat started hurting. Yucky. Despite that, Doug and I cleaned and fixed things around the house. Doug was awesome and put up some shelves in our closets and laundry room so we have even more storage! He also fixed our front door lock. That is a story in itself. We were trying to get on time to church one day and were ready with 15 min to spare. But the door lock had jammed and we were locked in the house! So we had to jump up from our patio in our Sunday shoes and were late to church after all our efforts. We've been living with a hole in our bottom lock until now. Yay!
(The picture of our patio is above. For some reason, i can't figure out how to post it right here in the middle.)
By Saturday evening we were all sick and tired. But we were giving the talks in sacrament the next day, so I ended up staying up until 12:30 writing mine (Yes, I procrastinated) and trying to get Zach settled down. He'd been having such a tough time falling asleep cuz I'd been neglecting him with all the cooking/cleaning we'd been doing.
Sunday:
Doug woke up Sunday at 4am to write his talk and then we got to church and practiced so that we could play the musical number as well! I guess it ended up being the Pew family variety show in sacrament, but thankfully the Lord helped us get there and do okay. Doug came home with a fever and we tried to take naps at the same time, but of course that didn't happen with 2 kids. So I finished the book Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg. So far, it is my favorite baby guideline book. I've been using it now for Zach's schedule and it has worked like a charm. It seems like that's all I do in my spare time: read books about parenting, and read children's stories to get ideas for my next story. I'm taking an online writing course and have an assignment due in 1 1/2 weeks, so I've gotta get moving.
We went on a walk outside to try to get some fresh air, but it was hot and HUMID and we came home sweating and turned on the A/C. This weather is crazy here. I'm ready for some cooler temperatures.
Monday:
Doug's still sick and I'm going to make him go to the doctor. I think he has tonsilitis or bronchitis. I'm supposed to get a tour of the local YMCA here, even though I'm sick (called Silverlake). I just called and cancelled. So much for losing weight...
By Saturday evening we were all sick and tired. But we were giving the talks in sacrament the next day, so I ended up staying up until 12:30 writing mine (Yes, I procrastinated) and trying to get Zach settled down. He'd been having such a tough time falling asleep cuz I'd been neglecting him with all the cooking/cleaning we'd been doing.
Sunday:
Doug woke up Sunday at 4am to write his talk and then we got to church and practiced so that we could play the musical number as well! I guess it ended up being the Pew family variety show in sacrament, but thankfully the Lord helped us get there and do okay. Doug came home with a fever and we tried to take naps at the same time, but of course that didn't happen with 2 kids. So I finished the book Secrets of the Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg. So far, it is my favorite baby guideline book. I've been using it now for Zach's schedule and it has worked like a charm. It seems like that's all I do in my spare time: read books about parenting, and read children's stories to get ideas for my next story. I'm taking an online writing course and have an assignment due in 1 1/2 weeks, so I've gotta get moving.
We went on a walk outside to try to get some fresh air, but it was hot and HUMID and we came home sweating and turned on the A/C. This weather is crazy here. I'm ready for some cooler temperatures.
Monday:
Doug's still sick and I'm going to make him go to the doctor. I think he has tonsilitis or bronchitis. I'm supposed to get a tour of the local YMCA here, even though I'm sick (called Silverlake). I just called and cancelled. So much for losing weight...
Eventually I'll show pictures of our rooms. That's the last bit we've got going. But I still have some decorating to do--some cute vinyl lettering and fall decorations now. So when we get around to it, I'll put up pics with the updates.

4 comments:
You all had a crazy weekend! I'm sorry to hear that you've all been sick. That's never fun. Hopefully you can all get to feeling better.
It was fun to read your blog and get caught up on you guys. I love your house! It is so cute and your kids are darling! I finally joined the "blogging" world too! :) I am still learning too!
Sorry to hear you are all sick. Hope you feel better soon. I love the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer Book too. I read that after Rylan was born. I love her ideas -- they really work. Sounds like you are having many adventures - especially jumping off the porch!
Sorry to hear that you were sick. Our family just recently got over being sick. It's SO NOT fun.
Thanks for mentioning that book about the baby whisperer. I've been looking for some good books, but you should see the collection they have here in England. They're all a little extreme. But they do have the baby whisperer book, so I'll get it and read it. One book I've really liked, but you can't take too seriously is On Becoming Babywise. It's pretty good and worked well with Kimball.
Post a Comment