Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bowling Ball Belly



I've only got 3 weeks left til I'm due. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I'd love to have the baby early--especially since we're moving in 5 weeks. My first delivery was an emergency c-section, because I had eclampsia (extremely high blood pressure, causing seizures) and HELLP Syndrome, which can cause liver failure. There's a 20% chance it could happen again this time, but so far my blood pressure is great. So I'm trying for a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Ceasarean) this time. I just wish the move wasn't happening at the same time, but of course that's life! If all goes badly, I will probably stay with my parents for a while to recuperate, while Doug moves our stuff out to Ohio.
It's been such a HOT summer with no A/C in our apartment. I got my hair cut a few weeks ago, which has actually helped a lot. Luckily, it even rained last week and the nights have gotten cooler lately. I'm just used to sweating all the time. Two summers being pregnant without A/C have taken their toll on me, but our new place will have A/C and even a dishwasher and garbage disposal, thank goodness! We've had none of those our whole marriage. We're definitely upgrading in this move. I'm SO excited.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janae, Thanks for letting me know of your blog! How fun. That picture of you is sooo cute. Well, keep in touch and let me know how the VBAC goes!

Sharon Beesley said...

Thanks for telling me you have a blog. Missed you and your family at the reunion. It was a success. I have a blog too. i just posted some pics of my belly. Check it out!

Sharon Beesley said...

Oh, and I'm glad everything it going well with your pregnancy!

Candace said...

Hey Janae! You look so cute. So tiny....you're all belly.

Good luck with your VBAC. I hope you are successful. I know what you're going through w/ a baby due & a big move. All the hard stuff will be over before you know it though.

Where in Ohio are you guys moving to?

Keri said...

You look great. I'm glad to see that you're all doing well. Good luck with the new baby and the move. You'll have to let me know how you adjust to having 2!

Janae said...

Sharon, I don't know how you can have a jump from 1 to 3 kids! Twins will be an awesome adventure. Thanks for your blog info.

I wish we couldn've gone to the reunion. We'll see how my blood pressure is today at the doc.

We're moving to Erlanger, Kentucky, which is 15 miles from Cincinnati, Ohio. Right on the border. We'll be 4 hours away from Cleveland, Candace! We can meet up at the temple sometime.

Walling Family said...

Very cute! Youa re so little again! We can't wait to see you guys! Let us know how everything goes. Good luck and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Walling Family said...

and by the way you will need the ac out here, it is humid I will not lie to you!